At the MOKULUA office, the science of home building is always being analyzed to bring Hawaii the most sustainable, green, healthy and durable homes. As we work toward a more sustainable future we also do the simple tasks to help sustain our planet today.
Below are a few tips the MOKULUA office team does to reduce, re-use and recycle:
1. Replaced individual water bottles with a water service- Saves average of 6,360 plastic bottles per year
2. Replace paper towels in the restrooms with cloth hand towels- Saves average of 8,240 sheets of paper towels per year
3. Add segmented recycling bins next to rubbish cans- Saves average of 420 pounds of rubbish per year
4. Turn down the luminosity on your computer- Conserves 30% of the energy produced per computer
5. Change to CFL Light bulbs- Saves on office energy costs
6. Re-use file folders- Saves on office material cost and produces less rubbish
7. Bring in a plant (eureka palms are great for cleaning indoor air)- Creates a happier healthier office!
What sustainable practices are you doing in your office?